Churches in North America have an invitation and a challenge to join with churches in southern Africa as they respond to the challenges facing AIDS-affected children and their families. This is a movement of Christian response that will have an impact for generations!
Through Forgotten Voices International, our church partners in North America are discovering eternal significance through loving churches and vulnerable children in southern Africa & receiving love in return – in ways far beyond what we could have imagined. Our brothers and sisters in Africa have so much to teach us and we have a lot to learn.
Over and over, God calls us to love one another and promises to bless us for doing so. Throughout the Bible, there are countless references to giving particular care to the oppressed, such as widows and orphans. In James 1:27, James writes "Pure and faultless religion is this: to look after orphans and windows in their distress" (NIV). One of our favorite proverbs says, "he who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD, and He will pay back what he has given" (Proverbs 19:17, NIV).
We can help your church create a partnership that builds awareness of the need among some of the most distressed people in the world, raises funds to directly support the ministry of Forgotten Voices, and involves your congregation in a meaningful and personal way
Together, we will work with you to create partnerships that will:
- Raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and its impact on the Christian Church world-wide
- Create unity behind a Christian cause that affects people across the world
- Build lessons of love between your congregation and the community you serve
- Provide a tangible way for you to make an impact on the African church's response to AIDS orphans and vulnerable children
- Link your church to an African church run care project with stories, reports, and blogs