Families are special. We’re sure it won’t take long for your family to remember those special moments that make family…well…family. Forgotten Voices International, as our name indicates, is about looking after voices that are lost in the shuffle of life and might not have a mom, a dad, or a sibling to play with after school.
Whether you are an orphan in a developing country or an American family looking for a way to get engaged with an exciting initiative to empower local people in the developing world, we care about your voice.
We want your family to find its voice and engage with us in painting a more promising picture for kids that may not have a family. Whether you have kids, teenagers, or young adults soaring on their own… your family can help us empower orphans in southern Africa.
Share and empower orphans in Africa
1. Have a family cook-out and make a giant list of all the things you are thankful for as a family
2. Commit to telling 1 coworker, neighbor, or classmate about Forgotten Voices each week
3. Sign a friend up for our eVoice newsletter , which keeps them posted on what's new with us
4. Click on the Tell Their Story section and watch videos about our projects, then share with friends
1. Commit to praying for Forgotten Voices 1 night a week around the table, before bed, or another time that works for your family
2. Read the eVoice each month (or from past months) to learn how you can pray specifically
3. Remember to pray for the children from our Meet the Kids section
4. Follow Ryan as he travels around Africa and pray about things mentioned in his blog
Give: Develop a unique family project!
1. Brainstorm together on how you can raise funds for children that don’t have families
2. Host a neighborhood walk-a-thon to raise awareness and funds for Forgotten Voices
3. Skip a meal out each month and donate to Forgotten Voices. You can make a BIG impact!
4. Keep us in mind for Christmas Gifts! Give the gift of life to orphans in Africa.
Did your family come up with an idea to Share, Pray or Give? Let us know and we may feature you in the eVoice newsletter and we'll pass it on to other families! Mail your stories to
. Thanks for using your family's voice to empower families in Africa!