Forgotten Voices International is demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities.
We are working hard to equip communities and maximize your investment in Forgotten Voices International!
We partner with local projects run by local people, utilizing the resources available in their local communities. This also limits dependency. Most Local Orphan Care Plans in Zimbabwe range from $1,000-$3,000, with Zambian projects approximately twice as much. These principles allow us to maximize the impact of your donations!
The following pricelist represents the averages from our Local Action Plans in Zimbabwe.
- $15 will send one child to school for an entire academic term (4 months).
- $30 will help a village create a 10 ’ x 10 ’ farm, creating an income & food source.
- $50 will buy a basic homecare kit, which includes bleach, rubber sheets, and soap. Our AIDS workers estimate that one home care kit, when used properly, can remove 50% of the infections over a month's time for an entire village.
- $60 will send 4 orphans to school for an academic term (4 months).
- $100 will allow us to send a church leader to anywhere in the country to perform an education seminar on HIV/AIDS.
- $200 will send about 13 orphans to school for the academic term (4 months), buys them a meal a day, and provides school uniforms.
- $500 will buy 29 people test kits to determine if they have HIV/AIDS. By knowing, we can determine how to best help a particular village. Through focused medical and education care, knowledge of the virus's existence will allow us to respond more efficiently and effectively.