Brethren in Christ Church–Pumula
Forgotten Voices partner since 2012
- School fee payments and uniforms for approximate 36 primary and secondary school children
- Periodic food supplements for 80 vulnerable children
- Agricultural resources for 73 households
- Home visitations for orphans, vulnerable families and widows in the community.
- Strengthen psychosocial support aspects of orphan care ministry
- Begin exploring income generation project opportunities.
Brethren in Christ Church Pumula has a long history of local ownership of outreach ministries. They are tangibly demonstrating God’s love to their community, and specifically orphaned children through basic support (food and education assistance, medical assistance, rent assistance for child-headed households), as well as emotional support through basic life skills training and counseling. The church has also assisted on sporting and recreational activities and psychosocial camps.
Currently the church maintains and supports a database of 225 orphans and organizes a home based care team which periodically reports on the challenges facing these children.
In 2012, Forgotten Voices International was privileged to come alongside BIC Pumula as a partner in ministry. As our partnerships matures, we look forward to watching the life-changing impact on children through this expanding ministry.