Free Methodist Church
“Social Needs Ministries”
Forgotten Voices partner since 2007
- School fee payments for approximately 132 primary, secondary and tertiary students
- Periodic psycho-social support events for 80+ orphaned children and youth
- Food supplements for 3 needy families
- Foundations for Farming training, plus seed and fertilizer, to help 130+ local families grow their own food
- Home visitation for widows, orphans and vulnerable families in the community
- Continue pursuing income generation initiatives to foster financial self-sufficiency of families and church ministries, with the primary focus on building a preschool
There is a Pastor named Fibion, who roams the streets of his community, along with a team of young adult volunteers. They are on a mission to know each home and each child in the community. They want to build the capacities of each family and understand the critical gaps that each caretaker is facing.
When we visit this church, we are always amazed at just how much they know and how much they are doing – way beyond what we are providing them funds for within their project with Forgotten Voices Kids are greeted throughout the week by special programs at the church, which is always busy with the laughter and hope of children.
The church calendar is full of activities to meet both the physical and spiritual needs of the community – agricultural training, graduation celebrations, memory verse competitions, evangelism week, children’s week and sadly, many, many funerals.The church is known in the community as an advocate for orphaned and vulnerable children and families. Forgotten Voices is proud to partner with such a respected and committed ally.