If you are interested in volunteering or interning with our U.S. team, please email [email protected] with details of your skills and interests and a member of our team will respond.
Click on job position titles to expand content
Grant / Fundraising Specialist
Location: Dillsburg, PA office
Travel Required: N/A
Position Type: Full-time / part time
The Grant Specialist plays an essential role in raising funds to support the operation of Forgotten Voices International, a nonprofit dedicated to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local African churches to meet the physical and spiritual needs of orphaned and vulnerable children within their communities. Specifically, the position will be responsible for prospect research, proposal writing, grant reporting and other duties related to advancing Forgotten Voices’ relationships with foundations, corporations and U.S. churches. A successful Grant Specialist will have at least 3 years of nonprofit development experience, a working knowledge of fundraising strategies and techniques, superior written and oral communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to work on multiple deadlines simultaneously, sound judgment and professional maturity.
- Conduct research on potential funders to evaluate and make recommendations regarding prospects for unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects.
- Collaborate with Forgotten Voices Accountant to gather necessary budget information for proposals and reporting.
- Draft, edit and submit grant proposals and timely, accurate reports.
- Monitor and meet income goals throughout each fiscal year.
- Implement systems and policies to effectively manage relationships with grant funders and enhance communication between the programs, finance and engagement staff teams.
- Ensure compliance with all grant reporting required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Maintain grant/funder records in electronic database and files.
- Provide regular reporting on prospects, current funders and funding trends.
- Provide background information to support foundation cultivation and stewardship efforts (phone calls, personal note, etc.) by Executive Director.
- Provide written material for organization’s website, electronic communications, newsletters, etc.
- Assist with other fundraising and communication projects as needed.
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and 2-page writing sample (preferably a grant application excerpt) by email to [email protected].