If you are interested in volunteering or interning with our U.S. team, please email [email protected] with details of your skills and interests and a member of our team will respond.
Click on job position titles to expand content
Donor Engagement & Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dillsburg, PA office
Position Type: Full-time
As the Donor Engagement and Communications Manager, you will be responsible for creating and executing the donor engagement and communications strategies that foster deeper relationships with our primary donors and support the mission of Forgotten Voices International. Our mission is to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ by partnering with local churches in Southern Africa to empower families and caregivers to meet the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of orphaned and vulnerable children in their communities and this role is essential in raising champions who give of themselves and their financial resources to support our operations. We want to grow our donor base and operations. We are looking for someone who is a passionate self-starter, committed to our vision, and disciplined in their role who can hit the ground running.
**YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND A MINIMUM 2-PAGE WRITING SAMPLE ALONG WITH A RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED.**
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Executive Director (ED) and other members of the team to develop and implement an Engagement and Communication Strategy.
- Foster deeper relationships with our primary donor stakeholders:
- Board of Directors: Serve as another key contact to Board for fundraising strategy.
- Major donors: Serve as another key contact for our top donor relationships, especially in supporting their desire to connect us with other key relationships.
- Churches: Focus on strengthening existing relationships & adding donor connections.
- Individuals: Equip them with tools to tell our story and on-ramp others more effectively.
- Companies: Strengthen opportunities afforded to corporate donors.
- Foundations: Work with Executive Director to manage relationships.
- Work with the fundraising team to develop and manage relationships with foundations for partnership to achieve our mission. Management of each donor funding cycle, engaging relevant parties internally to support donor needs in a timely way.
- Planning and execution of special donor engagement and fundraising events.
- Manage and maintain donor base in collaboration with ED and other team members.
- Write and submit grant proposals, appeals, donor acknowledgement letters and reports.
- Collaborate with our Programs/Impact team to ensure we are accurately portraying program outcomes in Africa effectively.
- Support the mission of Forgotten Voices by presenting written narratives, images, and information to inspire meaningful engagement by donors and other external audiences
through a variety of media.
- Write/edit/collaborate with fellow staff to develop content for mailings, newsletters, email communications, special reports, office collateral, event invitations and materials, presentations, social media, website and more.
- Manage and maintain the annual “Communications Calendar.”
- Be accountable for timely and thorough completion of assigned projects within the Engagement Work Plan; participate in weekly check-ins with the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/management, public relations, non-profit
management, marketing or communications or other related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 4 years of experience in donor relations/communications, fundraising experience with direct engagement, foundations and major donors preferred.
- CFRE certification preferred.
- Cross-culture partnership facilitation beneficial.
- Experience working in Southern Africa or with similar organizations preferred.
- Demonstrated Christian commitment and a servant’s heart.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have solid computer skills, with proficiency with Word, Excel, Power-point
and knowledge of database management preferable (Kindful and MailChimp).
- Strong cross-cultural listening, understanding, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of business development, project management, financial planning,
fundraising best practices, strategy development and negotiation.
- Collaborative team player, highly organized, and a self-starter.
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and 2-page writing sample to [email protected].