The Forgotten Voices team includes experienced and motivated professionals who share a commitment to our mission. The organization is headquartered in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, with international offices employing additional people in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
If you are interested in volunteering or interning with our U.S. team, please email [email protected] with details of your skills and interests and a member of our team will respond.
Click on job position titles to expand content
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dillsburg office
Travel required: N/A
Salary range: $15
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Desired hours: 20 hours
The Administrative Coordinator plays an essential role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Forgotten Voices, a nonprofit organization dedicated to demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping churches in southern Africa to meet the physical and spiritual needs of orphaned and vulnerable children in their communities. Specifically, the Administrative Coordinator will: provide administrative support for the U.S. office; align office technology/IT tools with organizational goals and best practices; and liaise with the leadership team of the U.S. office to assist in the execution of strategic priorities. A successful Administrative Coordinator will possess directly relatable experience, strong administrative and technical skills, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, sound judgment and professionalism, and a personal commitment to the organization’s mission.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
General U.S. Office Management
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain inventory of kitchen/bathroom/office supplies in line with budgeted expenses.
- Manage relationships with external service providers, contractors, etc. (i.e. office cleaning, general maintenance, external partners’ use of the facility).
- Maintain administrative forms/records including office use request form, Farmhouse calendar, and purchase request forms.
- Provide direct support to Executive Director and leadership team members as needed (i.e. scheduling external meetings, packet prep, etc.)
- Coordinates and organizes staff meetings.
- Align office technology/IT tools with organizational goals and best practices.
- Operates office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment to complete department tasks.
- Arranges for staff team travel including making hotel accommodations and land and air transportation bookings.
- Pay U.S. office bills, log administrative expenditures in Concur.
- Process incoming checks and prepare/make bank deposits.
- Enter gifts and process gift acknowledgments through Kindful fundraising database.
- Prepare and mail donor letters.
- Review assigned budget areas on a monthly basis and provide input regarding forecasted expenses, adjustments, etc.
- Maintain/develop forms to ensure consistency and compliance in HR procedures (annual performance reviews, time sheets, etc.)
- Support the Executive Director, and Board of Directors, as requested.
- Participate in planning/execution of special events such as Come & See, meetings.
- Contribute towards the achievement of new or emerging strategic and operational objectives.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Required / Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities with flexibility and poise
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including successful project management
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external audiences of the organization
- Agreement and personal commitment to the Christian values of the organization
TO APPLY: E-mail résumé and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line: Administrative Coordinator.