The Forgotten Voices team includes experienced and motivated professionals who share a commitment to our mission. The organization is headquartered in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, with international offices employing additional people in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
If you are interested in volunteering or interning with our U.S. team, please email [email protected] with details of your skills and interests and a member of our team will respond.
Click on job position titles to expand content
Donor Engagement Manager
Job Title: Donor Engagement Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dillsburg, PA Office
Position Type: Full Time
As the Donor Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for creating and executing the donor engagement and fundraising strategies that foster deeper relationships with our primary donors and support the mission of Forgotten Voices International. Our mission is to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ by partnering with local churches in Southern Africa to empower families and caregivers to meet the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of orphaned and vulnerable children in their communities. This role is essential in raising champions who give of themselves and their financial resources to support our operations. We want to grow our donor base and operations. We are looking for someone who is a passionate self-starter, committed to our vision, and disciplined in your role who can hit the ground running.
Role and responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director (ED) and other members of the team to develop and implement an Engagement and Communication Strategy.
- Foster deeper relationships with our primary donor stakeholders:
- Board of Directors: Serve as another key contact to Board for fundraising strategy.
- Major donors: Serve as another key contact for our top donor relationships, especially in supporting their desire to connect us with other key relationships.
- Churches: Focus on strengthening existing relationships & adding donor connections.
- Individuals: Equip them with tools to tell our story and on-ramp others more effectively.
- Companies: Strengthen opportunities afforded to corporate donors.
- Foundations: Work with Executive Director to manage relationships.
- Management of each donor funding cycle, engaging relevant parties internally to support donor needs in a timely way.
- Planning and execution of special donor engagement and fundraising events.
- Manage and maintain donor base in collaboration with ED and other team members.
- Write and submit grant proposals, appeals, donor acknowledgment letters and reports.
- Collaborate with our Programs/Impact team to ensure we are accurately portraying program outcomes in Africa effectively.
- Support the ED and the Board of Directors to generate development reports from database (sponsors, major donors, individuals, lapsed donor, etc.).
- Be accountable for timely and thorough completion of assigned projects within the engagement work plan.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/management, public relations, non-profit management, marketing or communications or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience in donor relations/communications, fundraising experience with direct engagement, foundations, and major donors preferred.
- Exceptional phone and communication skills, with a sensitivity to donor confidentiality.
- Experience fundraising for international non-profits or with similar organizations preferred.
- Demonstrated Christian commitment and servant’s heart.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners and all constituencies.
- Must have solid computer skills, with proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and knowledge of database management preferable (Kindful and MailChimp).
- Strong cross-cultural listening, understanding and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team; detail-oriented, well organized, focused and goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, as well as problem-solving skills.
Email your résumé and 1-page cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line including “Donor Engagement Manager” and your name.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Job Title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dillsburg, PA Office (Hybrid)
Desired Hours 20-25 hrs / week
Position Type: Part Time, Non-exempt
The Marketing Communications Specialist supports the mission of Forgotten Voices by creating and distributing marketing materials and communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and programs information to inspire meaningful engagement internally and externally. He/She will; help enhance our messaging and communication strategies offline/online to attract new supporters, manage internal and external communication platforms, works with outside vendors/agencies for design and execution of advertising campaigns, mail campaigns, promotional videos for events and seminars or conferences.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Research/write/edit/collaborate with fellow staff to develop and design content for mailings, newsletters, email communications, special reports, office collateral, event invitations and materials, presentations, social media, website and more.
- Conduct interviews and/or follow-up with appropriate staff, as needed, to obtain information and data, verify facts and/or seek context for narratives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside vendors to ensure high-quality products that accurately represent organizational values and mission.
- Monitor social media platforms/marketing trends and develop new ideas to enhance donor engagement and communication strategy.
- Provide support for administrative functions related to communications/engagement.
- Organize and maintain design files (logos) and photographic images for use across a wide variety of platforms and purposes.
- Maintain an awareness of current design trends and tools and consider how Forgotten Voices can incorporate best practices in its communications.
- Maintain Forgotten Voices’ branding standards and guidelines; communicate design standards with external vendors, printers, etc. as needed.
- Respond to communications via [email protected], Facebook or other social media platforms.
- Participate in special events planning and logistics.
- Provide guidance for communications/events interns, as requested.
- Oversee budget analysis for marketing/communications expenditures.
- Be accountable for timely and thorough completion of assigned projects within the communications strategy.
Email your résumé and 1-page cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line including “Marketing Communications Specialist” and your name.