If you are interested in volunteering or interning with our U.S. team, please email [email protected] with details of your skills and interests and a member of our team will respond.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Remote, United States
Position Type: Full-time or Part-Time
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Fundraising Manager who will help us grow our non-profit income, expand our donor base and maintain our current supporters. As the Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for: creating and executing fundraising strategies, researching potential grant proposals, and managing and coordinating events all with the goal to inspire and engage participants in the mission of Forgotten Voices International. Further, you will oversee all fundraising programs to ensure that annual budget targets are met. Working closely with the Executive Director and leadership team you will help sustain existing and secure future funding streams to support the organization’s intended goals and objectives of innovating orphan care through the local church in Africa. A successful Fundraising Manager will possess directly relatable experience, leadership skills, strong research and writing skills, networking abilities, administrative and technical skills, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, sound judgment and professionalism, and a personal commitment to the organization’s mission.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Executive Director and leadership team to develop and implement the annual fundraising strategy in the US and Africa country programs.
- Foster deeper relationships with our primary donor stakeholders: Board of Directors, donors, churches, corporate sponsors, foundations, vendors and partners associated with events and campaigns.
- Work with the fundraising team to develop and foster relationships with foundations to partner with them to achieve our mission.
- Management of each donor funding cycle, engaging relevant departments internally to support donor needs in a timely way.
- Leverage the Executive Director by seeking and fostering quality speaking engagements with top stakeholders, then supervise the necessary follow-up to opportunities.
- Planning and execution of special donor engagement and fundraising events, including the annual Come and See event.
- Provide direct support to Executive Director, Board of Directors and leadership team members as needed to support growth and sustainable program development.
- Write and submit grant proposals, appeals, donor acknowledgment letters and reports.
- Collaborate with our Programs team to ensure we are accurately portraying program outcomes in Africa effectively.
- Support the mission of Forgotten Voices by presenting written narratives, images and information to inspire meaningful engagement by donors and other external audiences through a variety of media.
- Be accountable for timely and thorough completion of assigned projects within the fundraising plan; participate in weekly check-ins with the supervisor.
- Assist and execute other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/management, public relations, non-profit management, marketing or communications, or another related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 4 years of experience in fund development, donor relations/communications, fundraising events experience with direct engagement, foundations and major donors preferred.
- CFRE certification preferred.
- Experience working with an international organization is an advantage
- Demonstrated Christian commitment and servant’s heart.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and writing skills.
- Must have solid computer skills, with proficiency with Word, Excel, Power-point and knowledge of CRM database management preferable (Kindful and MailChimp).
- Strong cross-cultural listening, understanding and communication skills.
- Knowledge of business development, financial planning, fundraising best practices, strategy development and negotiation skills.
- Collaborative team player, highly organized and self-starter
TO APPLY: Email your résumé that includes all employment experience and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Fundraising Manager’.
As part of your application please provide a writing sample and answer these two questions:
- Please give an example of an event-related project that you organized, and demonstrate how you prioritized the tasks to meet deadlines and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Please give an example of a failed fundraising campaign or event, or one that was not going well, and describe how you overcame these challenges and how you responded.