The Forgotten Voices team includes experienced and motivated professionals who share a commitment to our mission: "to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ and assist African families caring for orphaned and vulnerable children who have lost one or both of their parents.”
If our current opportunities do not align with your skill set and experience but you are interested in volunteering or interning with our U.S. team, please email [email protected] with details of your skills and interests and a member of our team will respond.
Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Director of Impact
Location: Dillsburg, PA office
Travel Required: N/A
Salary Range: $18-$20/hour
Position Type: Non-exempt
Desired Hours: 20 hours/week; Workdays and hours/day schedule is negotiable at time of hire, within parameters that work will be performed in the office and work schedule will include at least 3 days per week
The Accountant plays an essential role in ensuring the accurate and effective financial management of Forgotten Voices International, a nonprofit dedicated to demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping churches in southern Africa to meet the physical and spiritual need of children orphaned by HIV/AIDS in their local communities. An effective Accountant for the organization will demonstrate excellent analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles, with some experience in an international setting a plus.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Financial accounting and reporting
- Maintain the general ledger to ensure accurate entry of revenue and expenses, monthly reconciliation and compliance with GAAP.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures; report on accounting discrepancies and identify solutions to avoid future errors.
- Coordinate the organization’s cash flow to anticipate needs; provides regular cash flow forecasting reports
- Conduct tax reporting, organizational reporting (annual IRS 990 coordination), and end of year close-out work including depreciation, inventory/fixed asset management and annual accruals.
Payroll preparation and administration
- Oversee all payroll functions including timely filing and payment of all payroll related tax deposits and filings; issue annual W2s.
- Establish tools for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual operating budget in consultation with the leadership team and finance committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets for grant applications.
- Monitor appropriate use of funds, progress and revisions, and keep leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Coordinate the annual audit process with external auditors and the finance committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assist with internal audits of the organization’s international country offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business (CPA preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Accountant in a nonprofit setting (international accounting experience preferred) with responsibilities including management of financial systems and budgets, reporting, data analysis, taxation, audit oversight, etc.
- Working knowledge/familiarity with financial software including: Microsoft Office, QuickBooks (nonprofit & online versions), Concur, Expensify, Kindful (donation database), etc.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional level of accuracy
- Agreement and commitment to the Christian values of the organization and to the mission of Forgotten Voices
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume via email to [email protected].